Friday, December 16, 2011

"Wrap it up" Blogfest

This blogfest is courtesy of 3 dedicated bloggers Jennie, David and Leigh. Thanks for this opportunity.

Write a piece of flash fiction, poem, or song (300 words or less) for someone you know (real or imaginary). It may be in any genre, but it must have a holiday theme (real or fictional).
I thought about it.
I decided to write to all the people that I don't know. Kids especially . Holiday is about fun and this story was fun to write and hopefully will be fun to read.
This is a kind of history behind the children's story I wrote called "4 GOTTHEM PLACE"

So to all small and big Kids,

If ever there was a holiday in the Kingdom of "4 Gotthem Place", it was the 1st January of each year, the 1st February and every 1st day of every month. It lasted a whole month and all year around which meant the people of 4 Gotthem Place were on holidays all the time.

In "4 Gotthem Place", it wasn't called a Holiday, it was called a "Jolly Day" but because of the history of the Kingdom, it became "Folly Day" and soon turned into a different scheme entirely.

Before the Subjects of his Majesty had noticed a connection between their world and ours, the great team of paper-pushers (the equivalent of our officers and administrators) that run the Kingdom had been asked many times over by the population to provide a day of relief, heck, a lot of days of relief throughout of the year.
But the people of "4 Gotthem Place" also called as the “Gothoplacians” were a small community and they travelled quite extensively.

Giving a holiday of let's say 60 days to each and every one of them would bring their little State to a stop and the paper-pushers reckoned it was all too complicated to keep up with whom-had-taken-what-day so they came to the natural conclusion that there should be no holiday.

This brought chaos to "4 Gotthem Place" and everybody stopped working all together.
It became known amongst the paper-pushers as the "Folly Day".

The paper-pushers grew very worried for the state of their State and they consulted their King, Shames Shim Shirikawa in the Light who, as we all know, couldn't give a toss about anything (Ah! Yes actually you might not all know. Well, for the people who you haven't read the story of "4 Gotthem Place" yet....err... that's not my problem.... Just try to keep up for Pete's sake!)

Anyway, the paper-pushers returned to their desks and thought long and hard about their problem.
In the end, they called for a meeting and declared to all respected “Gothoplacians” that everyday should be a "Jolly Day".

All “Gothoplacians” were ecstatic with joy. They cheered and celebrated for a week and eventually returned to work.
And therefore since this day, everybody is on "Jolly day" but everybody works.

A smart move from the paper-pushers who knew this would happen because ….actually I can’t tell you why, you’ll just have to read "4 Gotthem Place".

It will be out as an e-book in February 2012 on Amazon and Kobo for the likely and modest sum of "£%$£!% or somewhere around that price ;-)! I can't really tell the price yet!

I'm actually over the limit with this requirement but hey, it's Xmas! We, writers are entitled to be generous too with our words.

If you feel like reading other of my stories for free, check my Publications page:
http://laspeedwing.blogspot.com/p/publications.html

7 comments:

  1. A real fantasy feel to this entry. I like fantasy. Thank you for participating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. SO COOL! I definitely need to read more of your publications. 4 Gottham Place is so interesting! Thanks for participating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like some of the craziness in our government in recent months and days. Oh my! Enjoyed reading your entry. Have a wonderful Christmas and good luck with your publications in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea 'Wrap It Up' Blogfest is! And I love the world of 4 Gotthem Place. I could use a Jolly Day myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should I go to my boss and look for a jolly day?
    Its worth a shot surely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. Oh my, now that's a place I would both love and hate to hang in. Always on holiday, never on holiday? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @David, thanks for the opportunity.
    @Leigh, thanks for your enthusiasm. You made my day.
    @Stacey, indeed. I didn't intend to be political but it has a satirical feel to it.
    @Maire, thanks for your visiting me. I hope you'll have plenty of Jolly Days coming soon.
    @John, lol, you made me laugh. Would love to see the face of your boss if you did.
    @Crystal, isn't it sweet and sour? ;-)

    ReplyDelete