Sunday, December 4, 2011

Week 5- I Love Dark YA Blogfest

Conclusion at last!
Funnily enough, I didn't think I was going to be able to follow up with the 5 weeks requirements...and although a bit late at times, I did...

WEEK FIVE...
November 30th:
Waiting on Wednesday—What dark YA book are you most looking forward to?

Until last week I wouldn't have been able to answer this question, but now I do...
There are quite a few books I'd like to read now and in no particular order, I'd like to read the following:

Become - By Ali Cross ( Damn Shell Flower for getting that giveaway! ;-))
Name of the protagonist: Desolation Black! I mean what a name! Loving it.

Blurb: Sixteen-year old Desolation Black wants nothing more than to stay in Hell where it’s cold and lonely and totally predictable. Instead, she’s sent back to Earth where she must face the evil she despises and the good she always feared.






The Carrier of the Mark - By Leigh Fallon.
I love the idea of two people being bound to each other yet tearing each other apart. There is nothing more perverted and twisted than the way we work as human beings.
Blurb: When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, (I mean Ireland!! Yeaaah)  she finds herself inexplicably drawn to gorgeous, mysterious Adam. Adam is cold and aloof at first, but when Megan finally breaks down the icy barrier between them, she is amazed by the intensity of their connection...



Sweet Evil - Wendy Higgins.
Not sure about the storyline so you will have to wait that her book is out by 1st of May 212 to find out. 









Beneath the Oak Tree - by E.R King. Book One of the Sun Stones Series. 
She is still working on it but I'd like to read it.

I'd like to think that her cover would look something like that...I hope she won't mind that I imagined how her cover would look like.
Blurb: Souls Nathaniel and Rebecca just wanted to be together, that's why they swore love oaths before becoming mortals. But eighteen earthly years later, nothing has gone according to plan.

 


Erth One - By Sher A Hart.

Although the overall premise of her story seems a bit complicated, I like very very much the idea  of a Planet with a Conscience.
Blurb: If you were a conscious planet with mental powers embedded in crystal, how would you communicate with those tiny creatures living on your surface?  
It is called "Erth One". The author Sher A. Hart is looking for 12 years old to read and comment on her second installment, Erth Two.
http://www.sherahart.com/index.html


Last but not least and for a much younger audience,
Candle Dark - by Carole Anne Carr.
Blurb: Joshua is nearly eleven and he’s worked down the Blists Hill coal pit since he was seven and a bit. He hates it down there. He hates working in the dark, he hates the rats and the stink of the tunnels, and he especially hates it when the mine is suddenly flooded and his wet boots rubs his feet raw...
Thin Time another book by the same author seems equally interesting.
Besides her blog is lovely: http://caroleannecarr.blogspot.com/




Also I am quite curious about the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. There's been a huge buzz around this trilogy.
But I believe it has received enough attention and I would rather focus on a book which has been less advertised and is equally interesting.

Oh yeah and if any of the above writers feel in a generous mood, by all  means do give away your book to me! ;-) What about you, do any of those books tickle your fancy?

8 comments:

  1. How very kind you are, thank you so much. Must put something about you on my blog. Hugs... Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I won the copy of Becoming...uh not really, but sorry you didn't win. LOL. Your book Elementally Hers sounds cool. Is that published or going to be any time soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Become is so great, that's why I did it for my giveaway. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks! Although I'm in Seattle at my Mom's and have limited internet here, I did get your email about Erth Won this time. I don't have a cover because I'm not resigned to self-publishing yet. As I query, I could use another beta-reader to tell me what you like and don't like. I would return the favor but I'm about 5 behind reading books for authors I interviewed on my blog and haven't yet reviewed. All I have is a word file, so if that's okay, remind me in a couple days after I do some edits from a critique partner's comments. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they all look pretty interesting. 'specially carrier of the mark. but i dont think id read any of them. im not too big on dark books. my imagination is quite active enough even without them =P

    see, thats one of the cool things about you. you dont really go with the crowd. the new magpie is one of everyone else's favorites, but not yours. and thats good, because you have your own opinions =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished reading Become by Ali Cross, like, last night. It was a good read, a lot to like about the story.

    I'm also completely obsessed with the Hunger Games trilogy. FANTASTIC books, all three of them.

    One last thing... thanks for the very lovely comment you left on my blog. It's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Carole, you're welcome. And actually thanks for offering
    @Shell Flower, ah ah. About Elementally hers or The Great Divide (still haven't figured out which title is best) I wish. No, not being published soon. Been querying and seemingly failing at the moment. Living in hope though.
    @E.R King, I know I would. Arrgh. Evil Emily You are rubbing it in! ;-)
    @Sher, a word file is fine. If you can't read mine, it'll either happen or it won't. not to worry.
    @Sweet Pea, ah well thanks. It's true although sometimes I wish I did go with the crowd. But I feel you are a bit like that too, aren't you? ;-) And it's a great thing too. Going exactly for what you like and not what is cool (at least in terms of reading)
    @M.J. Fifield, arrrgh! That book is hunting me.
    Re about the comment on your blog, you are more than welcome.

    ReplyDelete